Two girls. Two plus years of friendship.

One store devoted to making life a little more bearable.


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Excuse: Real Therapy is More Expensive

I'm down in the dumps. It doesn't really matter why. There are reasons, but they are not in proportion to the dumpiness I feel. This is no regular run of the mill moody blues, rainy kind of lethargy that can be solved with a cup of tea and an a quilt-clad pity party for one. No this is bigger than that. And deeper. And meaner. Yes, this is the mean reds as Holly Golightly would say.
In fact, this is exactly what she said: "No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?"
Her solution, if you remember, is not to see a therapist. No dream interpretation for Ms. Golightly. No--she shops.
And so do I.




Here are my latest acquisitions:

These letterpress prints from Really Good Things, etc. are the perfect addition to the beautiful red living room that I am decorating in my day dreams. Some day I will have the beautiful red sofa (from anthropologie) that would complement these perfectly. Or at least I'll have a sofa.

Besides, I have always loved letterpress--it's the deconstructionist in me--and I couldn't have found two better prints to inspire an aspiring artist and an aspiring writer more.

So for now I wait for the mail man to bring me my presents to myself. I'm so excited to hang these on my living room wall. And while, I'm curled up with a quilt, a cup of cocoa and a good book, I'll remember that these red beauties staved of the mean reds.

Now that's (retail) therapy!

P.S. If Richard doesn't hurry home with a hug, I am going to own this Queen Elizabeth pillow by Karen Hilton Designs that I have been lusting after since I first found etsy. Chic and cheeky, a fabulous combo.

To be honest, I'll probably own it by the end of the evening--hug or not.

1 comment:

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

Those are great quotes...so true! ;)