Two girls. Two plus years of friendship.

One store devoted to making life a little more bearable.


Thursday, September 6, 2007

Light Lite

Like someone sitting on the back row at a big tent revival, I am struggling mightily at the moment to find the light. We haven't had much here. In Texas. In August. Go figure.

Last weekend, I committed myself to taking better pictures of our products. They're great, but the photos we have don't do them justice.

Some of them are just too messy. My dining room chairs are on display behind the photo mats. The pink wallpaper is a feature--we've never been in love with that pink wallpaper. Our lives are on display a little and our lives are just a little bit too much for a promotional shot.






I took a second set of promotional pics a couple of weeks ago. My husband built a light box. Thank god I married a man with an inate sense of geometry and an uncanny skill with scissors. Katie has an engineering background--so she does fine when called upon to build light boxes and french memory boards (coming soon!) and homes. Okay. She hasn't built a home yet--that I know of--but I wouldn't put it past her. Meanwhile, I can print instructions. That's it, the extent of my expertise.

So Richard built a light box. But somehow, we couldn't find the light. My second set of promotional shots were too dark.






I know it's not the camera. I took these great pictures with no available light a few days ago while on vacation in Chicago:











I am left to think that outdoor shots of our indoor products are best. Now I have to get the weather to cooperate. Can I blame global warming for this?

3 comments:

Over The Top Aprons said...

Wow ... what great pictures. It is nice to visit your blog! I wish you great success!

Robin said...

Great shots! This is a gorgeous blog! I have a lot to learn!!!

SylviaV said...

What sort of lamps does your lightbox have? I use daylight bulbs in mine, works pretty well for most things. Occasionally I still have to up the exposure a smidge to get the right result :-)