Two girls. Two plus years of friendship.

One store devoted to making life a little more bearable.


Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Buy and Replace Debate

For those not familiar with etsy (and seriously, if you aren't...click the link and discover the wonderful world that awaits), the phrase "buy and replace" probably makes absolutely no sense.

Oh what wonders await you at etsy. (click the link. click the link.)

The Buy and Replace concept works like this: a list or treasury is made with a number of sellers. If you buy something from one of those sellers, your shop replaces theirs in the list or treasury.

Some people love BnRs (as the etsians say). Some people don't. I have been putting us forward in them a bit lately because I am doing a lot of my holiday shopping on etsy and I might as well get us some publicity too.

Here are some Buy and Replace opportunities that you can find us at right now:
http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=10527
http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=10573
http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=10579

Check us out there and tell me what you think of the Buy and Replace concept.

3 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Hi there - I'm a fellow Etsyian, just stopped by to check out your blog : )

Love your banner at the top!

Unknown said...

I'm on Etsy, but had never heard of this 'til now. Sounds like a fun idea - thanks! =)

Cathy said...

I don't see anything wrong with the concept - if anything, it encourages shopping which I'm all in favour of :)