Two girls. Two plus years of friendship.

One store devoted to making life a little more bearable.


Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Oh Tax Return. Oh Tax Return.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Okay so I know that I should spend this year's tax return on debt reduction and building our nest egg and creating a sense of security for my husband and myself so that one day we might have the options with regard to jobs and location and lifestyle. Be practical, I tell myself. And normally, I am.
True, I am not always prepared. For instance, I still don't really know how to change a tire. I don't carry a Tide pen in my purse for spills, and I never ever have quarters for the parking meter. But I am pretty practical, in a sensible flats and wash-and-go haircut kind of way.
I also love my little family and I want us to be secure in our future, to feel confident and comfortable with our choices. So I imagine I will deposit this check and pay off a long-held debt. I will gain a little independence and a lighter heart, sure.
But wouldn't a new sofa from anthropologie just be more fun?

No comments: