Two girls. Two plus years of friendship.

One store devoted to making life a little more bearable.


Thursday, December 6, 2007

For the RECORD, these are great gifts...

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...no CDs. That's right. These lovely gifts are made from those things called records that some of you may remember. If you were not born in after 1991, like most teenagers. (Seriously, i don't feel that much older than I was when I was seventeen. Well, my internal monologue hasn't changed much. But I must be older because I was born when Mr. Rogers was not only alive, but only middle aged.)
But back to our regularly scheduled program. Each of these little beauties is made from an old record. Just look what incredible things a creative mind can do with a piece of vinyl. Music lovers, I think the words you are looking for are "shock and awe."
Love the vintage, toile-ish feel of this cuff in combination with the more rocker vinyl base.
Definitely know a couple of people for whom this combination is heaven.

Aren't these the height of cool?
I am imagining my teenage brother-in-law, a university student who is very sweet AND the height of cool (seriously, he's 6'5''). Wouldn't these look great with snacks on his coffee table during parties? Wait. He is in college. What do you think are the chances that he has a coffee table? Or party snacks?
What time is it? Same time as always. Time to ROCK n' Roll.
ooh ooh...as an added bonus, check out this fab listing by Retro Grandma. Now this little beauty knew Mr. Rogers when he was just a boy.


Retired Records
I've said it before and I'll say it again, but this is A-MAY-ZING.
I don't think there is a better gift for the connoisseur of music--or wine. Again, I am reminded of my in-laws. They know lots about all the stuff I know nothing about. I may know how to recognize cool, but like this wine rack, they just know how to be. And that is cool.

4 comments:

refabulous said...

Great blog! I love the recycling/record feature you wrote. Ahhh, the scratchy, comforting music that poured from the records....

Thanks for mentioning my record bowls!

--Connie

Georgia said...

Those record bowls are SO cool!

I love your blog:)

pinkmilk said...

LOVE the record bowls!

Melanie Margaret said...

Hi Ladies.
So nice that the two of you get to be creative together! I hope to find a partnership like yours someday!

I added your blog to justBeConnected.com

and your etsy store to
justBeBrave.com

Let me know if you ever want to guest host at either!
XO,
Melba