Two girls. Two plus years of friendship.

One store devoted to making life a little more bearable.


Wednesday, December 5, 2007

What a Card! (a brief pseudo-diversion)


Okay okay. It looks like I have abandoned my holiday gift guide march to Christmas day. But looks can be deceiving. In reality, I am providing a gift for those of you (read: me) who might have yet to send (read: purchase) holiday cards for your nearest and dearest (read: the thronging masses.)


It turns out that on the 5th day of Christmas--this girl realized that she had better get it in gear if she wants to update the whole world on her comings and goings this year AND offer warm wishes of love and happiness. Or the thronging masses could start reading this blog.


On to the guide...




I have loved this card for ages. I have been waiting for the holiday season so that I could feature it. That is how much I love it.





I found this card when I was in the etsy forums, offering people the opportunity to be featured. I had lots of people respond. Heidi's "Tonttu" card, featuring a Finish version of a Christmas elf, was love at first sight. I can't ever resist pig-tails.



Kiss 'n Tell Handmade Correspondence


What an appropriately named shop to be selling this mistletoe card. Love the sentiment. But this one goes to a more discriminating audience. My darling husband--yes. My aunt Edna--no.

Pepperina Press

Pepperina press is a perenial favorite here. Love the colors. Love the sentiment--though cold, it ain't, here in Austin. Love the whole image!

CarolLeeDesigns

Because some years you feel like a grinch. Some years you don't.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey, thanks so much for the feature on your fantastic blog! I'm so pleased you chose to include my Tonttu cards :) love looking at the other items too!

Reader Of The Pack said...

Thank you for the lovely feature! Paper goods rule!

Candice said...

You've been tagged!!

If you would like to play along here are the details:
http://kopahetsy.blogspot.com/2007/12/tagged.html

Lia said...

Gorgeous picks. I love Pepperina Press too!

Georgia said...

I love the cards:) Especially the second one :)

If you are still looking for more shops to feature this month come check mine out:)

My blog is over here:
justdandily.blogspot.com

~Georgia

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

Thanks so much for the fabulous feature! There's nothing like a *real* card in your mailbox, is there? (It was wishful thinking when I designed the "Baby It's Cold Outside" card – it's not even chilly here in the South! But we can dream...)

And thanks to lia for the sweet compliment, too!